27.9.05

Anti-France?


In a country were the media are censored by power groups and polititians to extremes that would not be tolerated in any free country, I had lost all faith in finding published any line or photo of interest. I was wrong! As you can see, the Marianne magazine had a highly appealing cover: l'Anti-France... And as I was walking along the Seine, I asked myself: Am I anti-French? I then tried to recall my experiences with French products, services, processes and people. Some images that I pictured were French cars, French polititians, French people's smell, French behaviour in WWII and all those mean waiters... I was hopelessly facing the reality that I am anti-French until I looked at a person reading the "Da Vinci Code"... and then I saw it very clearly: The Louvre's pyramid!! I really like the Louvre's pyramid!! Thanks to the Louvre's pyramid, I can say that I am not anti-French.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, have you ever been in Canada! What about Vancouver? it is consider as one of the better cities to live for, I have not seen Paris or any French city in those rankings!!!

Walter

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Uranos,

Your blog it is just AMAZING!!!! hehehehe you are just describing the real world in Paris... the real one, you know what I mean... none Hollywoodddd-shit at all. It is not an Anti-French speach at all, cuz you are just describing your experiences.... I know you can not leave that city cuz of work!!! that's a fact!!! otherwise, you would be in other EU country... Keep your blog, cuz I will continue reading in it!!!!

Cheers

Mr T

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Ms. Glaze said...

That's pretty funny actually, because most French hate that pyramid and feel that it's a HUGE eyesore. I'm neutral on the controversy.

Although I'm totally with you on the rude waiter attitude and bizarre practices of process, there are still many wonderful things about this country that go unparalleled. Like frog legs for instance.

Keep the faith and lay of Maitresse dammit. You owe her an apology.

Ms. Glaze

11:49 PM  
Blogger Uranus said...

Hi Mr T,

Thanks for your supportive postings, you are right, this is not an "anti-French" blog, this is a BS-free blog where I try to keep the tone cool (or as cool as I can) and factual, always referring to the practical difficulties of living in a country with a poor record in terms of tolerance and hygiene.

Ms Glace,

Defenitely there are many good things in France, you mentioned a few and I can add some more, however there is more to life that some good dinner. My entries to this log are the grey areas of the French experience, stay tuned.

Uranus

11:25 PM  
Blogger Uranus said...

Walter,

If you just want to visit, you can measure the quality of a city by the square metres (or feet) of musea, Paris can make it to some of these rankings. But when it comes to quality of life, the main parameter is people, and here my friend, is where Paris cannot show off.

Uranus

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Ms. Glaze said...

Honey, I'm in cooking school in Paris. My life is about dinner.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

asshole... if you reduct the france to paris i can't imagine your brain height

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home