26.9.05

At least one and a half years in the thing

No, I didn't read the book. I don't want to read THAT book. At least, not while I am still here, in the thing.

I flipped a few pages of
Stephen Clarke's book 'A year in the merde' and decided not to buy it and add more suffering to the already painful experience of sharing the streets of my town with those individuals who vote for Jean Marie Le Pen, hate foreigners and think that Finnish food is the worst stuff ever conceived by man.

Why this blog? I wanted to express how I feel living in Paris, surrounded by the world's most arrogant (and illiterate) people on Earth, but not with the purpose of taking revenge, but rather with the desire of contributing to making the French change. I want French people to realise that they make the world miserable every time they behave miserably and that they could do a lot of good to the foreigners who set foot along the Seine river and contribute to the world's karma by just being nice.

Many years in the merde is not a blog of prejudices; it is a consolidated account of a foreigner's experiences in Paris and welcomes contradictory opinions. I will start off my remembering some of the situations I faced during my almost two year in Paris and will try to update it as new "developments" happen to me.

Thanks for contributing, you are invited to add to any of my postings.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell are you doing if you donĀ“t like there, are you going to change people???

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man,
It is a bad idea for you to mesure your time in the place, not good for your mental stability hehehehe instead, you should think your in the middle of a real bad dream and that you are going to wake up in a nice caribean place... well, shit!!! I am right but Frensh invided some Caribean countries too!!! Man, we are lost.. this suckers are everywhere!!!!! well, maybe not in WhiteWater Wisconsin hehehe or Kansas!!!!! they Hate frenchies overthere!!!!

Keep going fellow, and take care of the violence on streets nowadays cuz the new employee politics!!!!!
Well, that is only on suburbs.. hopefuly!!!!


cheers!!!!

Mr T

12:18 AM  
Blogger anon said...

Oh my gosh, I'm surprised you have so very few comments. I am all about expressing my misery in France. Of course I came here with a baby in my arms and a French husband full of meaningless promisses...which is a whole 'nother story. Anyway, we're living in Trappes. I'm sure you know of this suburb if you're living in Paris. It is known for all the crime and high-rise HLMs...My main complaint is the mucous all over the sidwalks. Not just once or twice a day during a simple walk, it's everywhere. I used to think the dog shit was grosser, but I have finally decided mucousy saliva takes all in the most disgusting treasures of French sidewalks. I'll be checking in on you. I recently learned that there are some die-hard french lovers who will insult you at the drop of a hat if they discover you. They will also board the next plane back to the USA when given the chance! I'm thinking of cancelling my blog. It has gotten too psycho. Some of these bloggers do nothing but blog. I mean literally. I make time to read and post when I can, as you will tell soon, these people are a breed of their own.

12:06 AM  
Blogger anon said...

P.S. A Year in the Merde was full of laughs...you should read it!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home